domenica 17 luglio 2011

One BANANA, Two BANANA, three BANANA, Four!!

Good Morning!
How are you doing? :D
Just writing to say sorry for my English when I explain the recipes, but I'm making a great effort... I suppose ;D


SO! I seize the opportunity to talk about my last Saturday - Cake - Night !!


I was with some friends, and we decided to carry out an experiment: use a Fluffy and Sweet Banana cream to fill a soft and mouthwatering chocolate cake. I'm sorry that I don't have the original photos, but you can use your imagination ;)

So, lets begin with the chocolate sponge-cake recipe :) I found it recently, and I'm very satisfied with it!


  • 6 eggs
  • 180 g sugar
  • 72 g flour
  • 72 g potato starch
  • 36 g cocoa
  • pinch of salt
  • yeast
  • some honey
PREHEAT THE OVEN AT 200°C
 Whisk the egg whites and in another bowl mix the yolks with sugar and salt.
Put the egg whites whith the yolks and add the flour, the potato starch, the cocoa and the yeast.
Stir until is completely homogeneous. Put it in the oven at the temperature of 180°C and don't open it for 20 minutes. Then, check it regurarly.
                                                           ( I don't like scheduled cooking time ;D )

Here we are :D it's the moment to leave our chocolate cake until it becomes cold. Now we can make the banana cream. Just take...

  • 4 bananas
  • 45 ml brown sugar
  • 15 ml fresh lemon juice
  • 175 ml whipped cream
  • 15 ml rum (optional)
 Cut in thin slices all the bananas and put them in a heat-resistant plate.
After added the brown sugar and the juice lemon, put the plate on the grid for 8 minutes, mixing gently, until they are candy.
Stir the mixture to make it homogenous and leave it until it becomes cold. Whip the cream and mix it all together ( add the rum if you want ).

Now you can finally cut the chocolate sponge-cake, sprinkle it with a simple mixture(in a glass: 1 part of brandy, 3 parts of water and sugar) and fill it with this fabulous cream ( I also added some chocolate drops in it ) and... TASTE IT *.*

Let me knoooooooooow ;)



7 commenti:

  1. omg I love cakes!! <3
    Now I don't have to buy them from the bakery all the time! (or wait for a friend's birthday... heh)
    Will absolutely need to try this the next time I go to the supermarket so I can buy the ingredients.

    RispondiElimina
  2. That looks sooooooooo good. Do you do requests? I absolutely LOVE those huge chocolate chunk cookies you can buy in convenience stores here - they're about 6 inches in diameter and they're soft and chewy. Do you know how to make them? If so, please share!!! :D

    RispondiElimina
  3. I love this cake!
    +Follow

    RispondiElimina
  4. Thanks guys! I'm glad that you appreciate this cake :D! it was marvellous!
    @DIYgaming I understand which cookies you mean, they are FABOLOUS!!! I really love them too, but I don't know how to make them at all :( if you get to know, share! :D

    RispondiElimina
  5. My god that seems delicious :D I'm following you!

    RispondiElimina
  6. This post made me hungry. Keep up the good word about cakes haha

    RispondiElimina

Thanks a lot for leaving a comment Here :)
Hope you enjoy my blog and all my tips!